This page contains the Terms and Conditions set out by this Agency on a third party basis that constitute a legal agreement between the hirer and the Artiste and apply to each booking individually.
1) This contract has been issued by this office under the conditions verbally agreed by the hirer and artiste or their representatives, therefore failure to sign and return a copy of this contract does not in itself constitute a cancellation.
2) IT is agreed and understood that SHOUT Promotions Ltd (here after referred to as the agency) acts only in the capacity of Employment Agent in the negotiation of this contract. (The Agency acts only as Employment business where the transaction is on a net deal basis.) Although every care and precaution will be taken by the agency, the agency will not be held responsible for the non fulfilment of bookings by venues, management’s or artists. The contract is between the parties.
3) Either party may cancel this contract within 7 days of the date of the contract, without penalty providing written notification is received at this office. Cancellation thereafter may only be done by consent otherwise the cancelling party will be liable to a cancellation fee. In any event, all cancellations must be in writing.
4) Cancellation fees are charged as follows: Less than 14 clear days, full fee is payable.
More than 14 days but less than 1 clear calendar month notice, 50% fee payable.
More than 1 calendar month, no penalty.
5) In the unlikely event that the entertainer does not arrive for the engagement the entertainer shall be solely liable to the hirer by way of liquidated damages, a sum equivalent to, but not exceeding the agreed fee.
6) Any future bookings between the artist & the hirer within a 12 month period from the date of this performance must be made through the office of this agency. Failure to do so will result in the artist and the venue being liable to pay this agency a charge of 15% plus VAT of the sum of the booking, or the sum of the last booking as arranged by this agency, whichever is the greater.
7) The artist is solely responsible for adequate insurance cover for personal property, public liability and any other risk which may arise from their performance.
8) The artist is responsible for providing a receipt (VAT or otherwise) for the client if required.
9) The agent (and/or their employees) is/are to be allowed free and unrestricted access to an event to monitor or communicate with artists.
10) The hirer is responsible to ensure that they have their own public liability insurance.
11) All signatories to this Contract are advised to hold Public liability Insurance and any relevant equipment safety documentation.
12) Any deposits paid are non-refundable.
A THE HIRER IS LIABLE TO:
1 Ensure sufficient setting up time is allowed for all acts.
2 Ensure suitable and adequate changing facilities are made available, if required.
B THE ARTIST TO ENSURE
1 Sound check complete before the audience arrive.
2 To inform the person in charge/ hirer that they have arrived.
Payments are as stated on the front of this contract. If you wish to change the method of agreed payment or wish to make a payment prior to the event you need to contact our office at least 1 month prior to the event.
Payment of Deposits
BACS payments should be made to SORT: 20-96-37 A/C 60818356.
Debit Card Payments can be made by telephone during office hours. Please state name of act and date of booking.
These terms were last revised May 2013.